FREE U.S. SHIPPING OVER $40 + FREE RETURNS
FREE U.S. SHIPPING OVER $40
In our ‘Blenders 9-5 Crew’ series, we’re taking this time to chat (at an appropriate distance!) with some of the folks crucial to the day-to-day operation of Blendz, seeing how they’re getting along in this “time of corona” and what their strategies are for getting the most out of each week.
Today, we’re learning how “more can mean less” with Catherine.
1. How are you staying in forward motion during this time of social distancing? Are there any physical and/or mental practices or exercises you’ve adopted?
Walking! I’ve always been the type to hit a hard early morning work out and run straight to work. During this time of social distancing, I’ve really taken the time to SLOW down, and I’ve become obsessed with morning walks. Not only are they great physically, but I’ve started listening to some new really cool podcasts too: Work Life w/ Adam Grant, Unlocking Us w/ Brene Brown and Fadish.
2. Sometimes taking a big step back from the everyday routine can cause other things to come into greater focus. Is there something you’re seeing with greater clarity these days?
Gratitude. Taking a step back and slowing down has given me more time to reflect on all the good things. In practicing more daily gratitude, I’m taking advantage of more family dinners, FaceTimes with friends across the country and long walks with my dog.
3. If you could pick one Blendz team member to be quarantined with, who would it be? (Maybe just someone you can trust not to eat all the snacks?)
Desiree! She has the coolest backyard and new pool set up.
4. What habit or fad have you succumbed to that you swore you never would prior to these events? (Ex: Don’t even lie—we know you’re secretly scheming to get TikTok famous now.)
TikTok is right lol… please don’t follow me.
5. What’s the first thing you’re doing once the social distancing restrictions are lifted that you cannot or will not currently do now?
Beach hang with my friends, hang out at my favorite local coffee shop (OB Beans) and book some travel!
6. If there’s one positive change you most hope can come out of all this, what is it?
That more can mean less! I imagine if Dr. Seuss were alive today, he'd write something like this:
The buildings were big and people would smile
And travel they would mile by mile.
But sick they become, in numbers it grew
Businesses worried, communities too.
Things stopped for a bit, the world slowed its roll
The virus has certainly taken its toll.
But what they then saw from slowing things down,
Is in fact they now had less reasons to frown.
Families now gathered, what game shall we play?
Pass me the blue crayon, give Mommy the grey.
Dad's home guys! He'll read us a book
then all of us together will cook.
The lungs of the planet caught a small break
less travel meant less pollution to make.
People did realize they'd all be OK
They don't need so much to get through the day.
Maybe this virus that caused so much stress
Showed the whole world that more can mean less.
Written by XXXXXX
Inspired by Dr. Seuss
Boom. You get Free Shipping!
$40 away from Free Shipping!
or 4 interest-free installments of $9.50 by