Coachella popped off this past Friday and is still raging on, and while we're sure you've heard about the Beyoncé performance (our friend was at the festival but managed to miss it!), you've likely heard about the food in passing, too. But have you seen it?!
Trust us, there is amazing stuff to be had. But don't take our word for it--soak in the insane concoctions below to witness everything you're missing!
1. Wagyu Beef Burger | @ coachellaeats
100% grass-fed Wagyu Beef Burgers? Strong start.
2. Herbivorous Butcher Vegan Double Down | @eatdrinkvegan
Yep, vegans are catered to at Coachella, too, as evidenced with this “Double Down” burger in the style of KFC. And note the tater tot on top—perfect!
3. Rolled Ice Cream Tacos | @ sweetrolledtacos
Rolled ice cream in colored waffle taco cones, topped with all sorts of wonderments. Yes, please! (You can find them in the Indio Central Market area.)
4. Mac Daddy Burger | @pigpendelicacy
Forget bread. Just sandwich your burger patties with Mac and cheese!! (Found near the beer garden.)
5. Milky Bun Donut & Ice Cream Cone | @ aftersicecream
Afters Ice Cream doing it right. Really, anything that makes gratuitous use of Fruity Pebbles is a-ok by us.
6. Mushroom, Beef, and Pork Belly Omusubis | @lafoodieguy
Something very different just to show you the range of good eats—Miso Mushroom, Miso Beef and Pork Belly Omusubis. Omusubis is a Japanese dish made with white rice formed into cylindrical or triangular shapes, usually wrapped in nori (seaweed).
7. Garlic Crab Fries | @bostonfoodie_withabooty
Your dream come true.
8. Lobster Roll and Hawaiian Monster Fries | @fork_and_spooon
We’d be in heaven with these in hand.
9. Chicken Waffle Cones | @foodieonfleek
Chicken is great all on its own. But stuffed into waffle cones like these @wingmankitchen creations? Sublime.
10. Godzilla Hot Dog and Tater Tots | @thedailymeal
The Godzilla hot dog from @eatsumodog consists of: a foot-long all-beef hot dog, spicy beef chili, spicy mayo, teriyaki sauce, togarashi cheese sauce, furikake (dry Japanese seasoning of seaweed, sesame seeds, dried fish, salt, etc.), cabbage slaw, and kizami nori (shredded seaweed).
11. Mac N’ Cheese Bread Bowl | @mikey_mmmm
Nothing else more need be said…
12. Chicken N’ Waffles | @foody.addiction
Classic soul food!
13. Miso Katsu Hot Dog | @hollowbird
Anotha one from @eatsumodog! The Miso Katsu Hot Dog—panko-crusted hot dog, mustard miso, cabbage, mayo, scallions, and tonkatsu sauce.
14. Coconut Açaí Bowl | @drunkeatsla
In case you’re still unfamiliar with açaí bowls, it’s a Brazilian dish consisting of frozen and mashed açaí palm fruit.
15. Fresno Fig Burger | @forkedup
And finally, the lux Fresno Fig Burger—fig marmalade, melted goat cheese, bacon, tomato, red onion, arugula, and spicy porter mustard. Yum!